Monday, July 7, 2008

Smooth 4th Doggy Style

We celebrated Independence Day with a picnic and fireworks. No one was blown to smithereens! Fun was had by all, even the dog. No, I kid you not, even the dog!

Last year my dog was slightly afraid of the big booms that are M-60’s and M-80’s. This year he didn’t mind so much, and when night fell and the guys started blowing off bottle rockets and other whistle blowing-spark-and-fire spitting fireworks he leapt into the hazy smoke filled air trying to catch them. If he could smile, he was! He made cute little yelps and rushed the huge fireworks too, biting at the air like he could reach 500 feet into the night air to bite them. I don’t know what I enjoyed more, the silly dog or the fireworks that the grown “boys” lit off.

So, it’s a Monday after the 4th and back here at work, ass dragging like every other reveler. I need a drink and a nap to get through the afternoon after a 3 day weekend.
Cheers!

1 comment:

Mimi's Toes said...

I read on crooked eyebrow's blog that you will be coming to the bloggy meet up July 12. I hope to see you there....my daughter will be there as well.