Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Like Stuffed Peppers without the Stuffed Part

Second EZ recipe for this week's feature "SOUP", is one that you can prepare in the crock pot, or fix in a pot on the stove and serve.

Green Pepper Soup

1 1/2 Lbs. ground chuck (or ground turkey if you like a different taste or twist)
3 large green peppers, take out the seeds and guts, chop into 1/4" pieces
1 large onion, diced
2 cans of Beef Broth
2 cans of condensed tomato soup - undiluted
1 can crushed tomato undrained
1 and 1/2 cups of cooked rice.
Salt and pepper to your own taste, my husband adds about a cup of pepper, no, really he does!

Cook beef (or turkey) green peppers and onions, drain.
add broth, tomato soup and crushed tomatoes.
Simmer (or let the crock pot simmer on low while you are at work)
Add the cooked rice about 15 or 20 minutes before you are ready to eat, to let the flavor's absorb!
This is great! I'm not a huge stuffed pepper fan, but this is so very tastey and filling.

Stay tuned for another recipe that will use rice and chicken in a flavorful way!

Hope your days are snug and toasty, think Spring!

3 comments:

Amy Plumb said...

Interesting! We always ate stuffed green peppers as kids, I'll have to try this.
Thanks, Amy

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Amy, this is really yummy, it's one of my favorite crock pot soups too. -Jackee

Susan said...

Ooh, ooh, I had this soup at a little restaurant once. I've been hoping to find a recipe for it. Thanks for posting this one. Definitely going to try it. I can tell you like soup as much as I do!