Monday, December 22, 2008

Frost building on my Eyeballs

Sorry I’ve not updated my blog in awhile, what with Christmas preparations and all.
Sunday, NW Indiana was hit with biting cold weather and strong winds, knocking out our power. My house is pretty much an ice castle. Ok, that’s a stretch, it’s an ice- two story. With icy trees and ice covered driveway and icicles dripping off everything it could.

Our little Peanut granddaughter (now 10 months old) is in the hospital with bronchitis and respiratory problems. She’s not eating or drinking, so she’s got to have IV fluids to keep hydrated. We came home from visiting her in the hospital and our power was out! So, from about 3:00 p.m until 10:00 p.m. we shivered and shook under blankets huddled up to the fireplace with Casper stretched across our laps. DARN, it was cold! Today’s forecast is supposed to be a little bit warmer, although, seriously, I swear it feels colder to me.

The deep cold penetrates under your skin and through to your bones. It is very hard to stay warm when the temp is 25 degrees below zero, wind chill factor. It reminds me of all the homeless. With this economy, there are probably more homeless each day and probably less and less shelters that can house them. Let’s all do our best this season to think of those less fortunate than ourselves and contribute in anyway that we can.
Happy Holidays.

3 comments:

Amy Plumb said...

I hope your granddaughter is better soon. Many prayers going out for her.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Amy

Mimi's Toes said...

Merry Christmas! I hope & Pray your grand-daughter is better. Enjoy your day with your family. Love, Mimi

dianna said...

I'm sending prayers for your Granddaughter and some of our warm weather for you...keep cozy*!*