Saturday, December 13, 2008

Diet Pizza - A low cal Delight

Now that's something I've never seen in the grocery: FAT FREE pizza, low cal pizza pie, each piece just under 75 calories. I'd swoon. Course I'd eat 7 pieces of the fat free, low cal delight. And I would gain or maintain my adorable Santa belly.
Ho Ho Ho.

Trouble is, how will it look when I'm crammed into my bathing suit on the beach of Xtapa Mexico,(February 2009-stay tuned) sunning myself and beckonning to my cabana boy,
"OH boy!!! wrestle up another of those fruity things" said in my best Mrs. Thurston Howell, III voice.

I have a portion problem when it comes right down to the favorite foods I eat. I read where some of the thinner celebs have published a day of their diet menus. Thier snack is a glass of water. Thier meal is fish and asparagus spears.
Not three or four pieces of pizza.

Course if you set before me a steaming hot cheesy pie, I'll settle for three or four pieces. If you set before me a platter of cod, I could settle for a small portion. It's all in how you "plate it".
Pass me the water will you?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm eating some "diet" pizza now!

Susan said...

Jackee, I'm in the same boat as you. The portion control thing goes out the window if the food is good, especially if it has wonderful mouth feel. Mmmmmm! I hate diet foods in general. I think they make you eat more than ever and you just end up at the same destination.

Well, I can't really type in the exact directions, so bear with me as I guide you through strikethroughs. Type the character above the comma (I can never remember what it's called), then the word strike, then the character above the period, then your word, then that first character again, then backslash, then the word strike, then another of the character above the period. If that's as clear as mud, let me know, and I'll try to do a better job of explaining it. My email is ohiosister53 at hotmail dot com.

Robin said...

I also hate diet food. I have been feeling body crabby lately because I was trying to go easy on myself and say "9 months on, 9 months off." Trouble is, I currently weigh far more than I did at 3 months pregnant, so I am not exactly on-track for that. I have done Weight Watchers in the past and really liked it, so if I am not where I want to be when I wean Micah, I am joining back up! If you discover the secret, be sure to fill me in, ok?!
xo
R

Mimi's Toes said...

I agree with you that portion control is the key. We can have anything we want, but in moderation. Pizza is my all time favorite food. Who can just eat 1 piece? I made up my mind this morning when I got up to cut down on portions and see if I could at least get the bloat down before Christmas, so the pictures won't make me look like a good year blimp.

Lisa said...

It was great running into you the other day! You don't look Santa-like at all. I thought you looked great! As I read and type here I'm eating a piece of French Silk pie. Wrong person to ask for dieting tips here! Then again, it IS my birthday so darn it, I'm going to eat the pie!