Thursday, February 19, 2009

Word for Today: Scaramouch

Scaramouch
1: a cowardly buffoon. 2: a rascal or scamp.

In our office we have a “word a day” desk calendar, and because I love words and the use of words in a well written phrase or sentence, I often find myself enamored with the calendar.
Duh.
(not a well written phrase or sentence)

Today’s word is Scaramouch.

Now use it in a sentence. I’ll give you one from Queen’s hit song “Bohemian Rhapsody”. “I see a little silhouette of a man /Scaramouche, Scaramouche will you do the fandango?”

To those of you who rock on to Queen hits, did you even KNOW that it was scaramouche? I sure didn’t. What the hell did YOU think it was? I’m interested in finding out. You know, how we often don’t know the lyrics to a song, and kinda just guess what they sound like? Scaramouche sounded Frenchie to me…I caulked it up to a mustachioed man of evil thought one, who could Fandago of course.

What does that got to do with ANYthing you might ask? Well,

I’m B-A-A-CK!

Yep, home from vaca a full week and didn’t even check in. What a scaramouch I am. I will of course be posting about my R&R vacation, complete with snaps, but I’m still playing catch up with all that I’ve had to catch up to. I hope you all enjoyed my guest post gals, I appreciate them so much (Glad to return the favor Robin and Sarah, just ask me anytime!) Later surfer dudes.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

great...now I have Bohemian Rapsody stuck in my head!

JackeeG4glamorous said...

I know, so did I. RIP Freddie Mercury.