Saturday, April 17, 2010

My New Ride

I don't really care - as long as it gets me there.
That could be my motto. For my ride, you know. I don't care what it looks like, what bells and whistles it has, what color, make or model it is. I want it to get me there in one piece.


From this....

My last car I rode until stuff started literally falling off! If I went over a bump or pot hole, the armrest on the door handles in the back seat would shake loose! The body was in good shape. Indiana winter's and the salt started to erode the paint at the bottom of the doors. The heat/air conditioning worked at a minimum. It has 183,000+ miles on it. My 1998 Olds Intrigue, lovingly got me there! So, it was 12 years old - and starting to show it's age. Everyone was buggin me to get a new car...but my heart wasn't in the payment.

So, we began the search. All I really wanted was a CD player, heated seats, and a decent cup holder.
I got it! And it's a racy red color too!

To this...my new Impala!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

You never did tell me her name yet....

Susan said...

Ooooh, sweet ride! Impalas are really nice. We've been thinking about one after the minivan. I still have my heart set on a Mustang though. I've never had a sports car, and damn it, I want one before I get too old to drive it!!

Bacardi Mama said...

Love your new ride. Reminds me of my red Lucerne.

dianna said...

Sweeeeeeet*!*

Mimi's Toes said...

I can picture baby grandson sitting in a car seat. It is very sporty looking. I'm jealous...I think I will trade my mini van in on a convertible soon.