Monday, March 31, 2008

Day One-I Run

I have blog angst and anxiety. Truth is, my daughter hooked me up to her new blog, and that of others and now I have spent quite a few hours reading the musings of many, MANY creative, intelligent women/men. I long to communicate. I am therefore I BLOG!

I am compelled to type. To read! Oh my! what has she done? What has she created?
This post was the hardest, the first. What will it all be about? I have never been so fearful of typing my own words and thoughts before.

So, I'm jumping into blogging - almost without thinking - without heeding caution, before I run the other way, close my beautiful green blog and RUN.
I type or write.
My fingers flying on the keyboard, sweaty tips and palms. (are there calories burnt up in typing? Might I finally have a Poptart?) Don't look back! Don't even spell check!
That's much how I have sped through life. Mostly free falling, some planning, take a deep breath, throw all caution to the wind. DIVE. Pretty much that's how I came up with the name Runs with scissors, my "Indian" name. It describes me.
Ok, now that this is over with (almost) I can think of other entries - more fun, more profound, hey I might even attach a profile. And later, some pictures...assuming that these few first entries are likened to dipping your toes in the lukewarm water of a murky pond. I will be able to lose my anxiety and feel better about my entry later - at another date.

Whew - glad that's over.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Good job on your 1st blog! I'm proud of you!

Scarecrow said...

Original and clever (or is that cleaver) name must run in the family.

Tricia said...

Hey my fellow Evanovick fan. This is one of the crazy ladies that stood in line with you last week. What fun. I just wanted to drop a note to say hello and to ask for the name and author of the books that you were recommending. I lost the piece of paper that I had them on. My e-mail address is jcsatricia@yahoo.com.

thanks,

Tricia

Tricia said...

I can't believe that I spelled Janet's name wrong. she would be so disappointed in me.

Tricia